Sunday 10 November 2013

Remembrance Sunday 2013

Next year will mark 100 years since the start of the First World War. Though those British members of the Armed Forces who died before then are no less worthy of respect and commemoration than those who came after, it is usually those who have died since 1914 that we remember on Remembrance Sunday. The First World War was a watershed moment in world history, in British history and in terms of recognition of the horrors of total war. So many families were affected, my own no exception, that there was no way the sacrifice of our troops could be forgotten easily.

Unlike in past years where I post a poem in Remembrance of those who have given so much for our country, I thought I'd post this recent video made by my other half to remember those who died during the Falklands War. We remember them.

No comments: